Strict lock-down from 23rd July to 5th August, which is in the notification
Although the restrictions have been relaxed from midnight on July 14, the strict lock-down will start again from July 23.
A notification [communique] in this regard has been issued by the Cabinet Division on Tuesday morning.
It has been said that the strict lock-down from midnight on July 14 to 8 am on July 23 has been relaxed.
However, the severe lock-down will start again from 8 am on July 23 to midnight on August 5.
The circular said the decision was taken in the interest of celebrating the holy Eid-ul-Azha,
public transport, conducting pre-Eid trade and commerce, socio-economic condition of the country and keeping the economic activities normal.
However, the government has asked the people to be vigilant at all times and to follow the hygiene rules ‘strictly’ including wearing masks.
From the 23rd of July to the 5th of August, the conditions of the restriction have been stated-
1. All government, semi-government, autonomous and private offices will be closed.
2. Public transport (including domestic flights) and all types of vehicles will be closed on roads, railways and waterways.
3. All shops including shopping malls / markets will be closed.
4. All tourist centers, resorts, community centers and recreation centers will be closed.
5. All kinds of industries will be closed.
. Public gatherings such as social [wedding ceremonies (walima), birthdays, picnics, parties, etc.], political and religious ceremonies will be closed.
. The Bangladesh Supreme Court will issue necessary directions to the court.
. Bangladesh Bank / Financial Institutions Department will issue necessary instructions to ensure the services of banking / insurance / financial institutions.
9. Government employees will be stationed at their respective workplaces and will carry out office work virtually (e-documents, e-mail, SMS, WhatsApp and other means).
10. Law and order and emergency services, such as agricultural products and materials (fertilizers, seeds, pesticides, agricultural machinery, etc.),
transportation / sale of food grains and foodstuffs, distribution of traps, health services, vaccination of Kovid-19, issuance of National Identity Card (NID),
Revenue Collection Functions, Electricity, Water, Gas / Energy, Fire Service, Telephone & Internet (Public-Private), Media (Print & Electronic Media),
Private Security, Postal Services, Banks, Visa Activities, City Corporations / Municipalities (Cleaning, street light management, etc.),
employees and vehicles of offices concerned with social security programs, pharmacy and pharmaceuticals and
other emergency / essential products and services will be able to travel subject to display of institutional identity card.
Earlier on Monday, the government announced its decision to relax the strict lock-down.
It has been decided to relax the lock-down considering the movement of people on Eid-ul-Adha and trade in Pashurhat.
At this time public transport will follow the hygiene rules.
Shopping malls and shops will remain open. However, private offices will remain closed.
And the activities of government offices will continue virtually.
Due to the increase in the incidence of corona, the government imposed a one-week strict lock-down from July 1.
Later, the deadline was extended to July 14.
See more news :